Monday, November 3, 2008

NO ON PROP 8

MY FRIEND SENT THIS TO ME, I WANTED TO SHARE IT WITH YOU GUYS, I TOTALLY FEEL THIS WAY TOO.
I need to ask for your help. There is an unfair ballot proposition that, if passed, will take away fundamental rights for some Californians. This is really important to me. Will you help me defeat Prop. 8?
What kind of world do you want the next generation to grow up in? One that is free from discrimination and intolerance?
Prop. 8 seeks to eliminate fundamental rights for one group of people. I trust you agree that eliminating fundamental rights - from anyone - is just wrong.
I hope you are already planning to vote NO. If you are, there are three things you can do below. But just in case you're unsure, I want you to know the real deal.
Watch this quick 30 second video to find out why voting NO on Prop. 8 is so important. http://www.noonprop8.com/messages
Virtually every major paper in California is against Prop 8. The L.A. Times says it is "a drastic step to strip people of rights." La OpiniĆ³n called Prop 8 "an unnecessary initiative". The San Diego Union Tribune wrote that Prop 8 "offends many Californians' sense of fairness."
If that doesn't convince you, I hope you'll email me so we can talk about this.
If you plan to vote NO, there are a few easy things to help ensure it is defeated.
1. Email everyone you know and care about and get them to help us defeat Prop 8. Quickly and easily send them a message at http://noonprop8.com/messages?r=friend.
2. Volunteer. This race is going to be razor thin. We need to make sure our supporters get to the polls on Tuesday and know to vote NO on Prop 8. Sometimes a conversation is all it takes. http://noonprop8.com/election
3. Make a donation. In the final days of this campaign, we need resources for field organizers across the state.. Your donation will help us reach undecided voters who need to hear that Prop. 8 is wrong and unfair. http://noonprop8.com/donate?r=friend
Thank you for doing all you can to defeat Prop. 8.

I DONT FEEL ITS RIGHT TO TELL ANYONE WHO THEY CAN LOVE OR TAKE AWAY THEIR RIGHT TO GET MARRIED, ITS DISCRIMNATION IN ANY FORM.

1 comment:

Our Little Family said...

I totally and completely agree with you Mandi. I don't usually get all upset about political stuff, but this whole proposition is just ridiculous to me. UGH. I feel like I'm always seeing the "Yes on 8" signs and it bothers me!! Who the heck are we to judge who should and should not get married, you know??

Vote no!