Thursday, November 26, 2009

MY FIRST TURKEY

I'm 30 yrs old and never did a turkey all by myself, this year I did ! and it didnt burn or raw and was on time and not dry! Very happy about my success. I did a very basic, traditional Thanksgiving dinner, cranberry sauce, candied yams, stuffing with celery and apple, turkey gravy with homemade mashed potatoes, green salad, rolls,and of course TURKEY!! We did have pumpkin pie, mini apple pies for dessert. I'm so thankful for my family and to have our own place and to afford thanksgiving. My grama and mom joined us today. BUT, this is the first year in so so long, that my sister and her family hasnt joined us. Now that was something I wasn't thankful for. Maybe next year things will be different. Thank you God for all blessings this year.

MY PRETTY TURKEY

GRAMA CARVING THE BIRD

THE GIRLS MEAL

HERE'S THE FAMILY

SOME OF OUR FOOD..

(I really need some serving dishes I will buy this year!)

2 comments:

Amy Snell said...

Wow!! You did an amazing job!! I'm so very proud of you :):) Everything looked fantastic...even if you dont have serving dishes :):)

Our Little Family said...

Way to go Mandi!!! Looks delish!